Content of the material
Pipelines are the safest and most efficient means of transporting natural gas and petroleum products according to National Transportation Safety Board statistics. Cheniere monitors our pipeline facilities from our Gas Control Center 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Learn and always follow your state’s one-call laws and best practices. To help maintain the integrity of pipelines and their rights-of-way, it is essential that pipeline and facility neighbors follow the guidelines listed below to help ensure the continued safe transmission of natural gas through the pipeline. Here’s what you can do:
- Become familiar with the pipelines and facilities in the area (marker signs, fence signs, etc.) and record the operator name and contact information.
- Be aware of any unusual or suspicious activities taking place within or near the pipeline right-of-way or pipeline facility and report to the pipeline operator and local law enforcement.
- Report pipeline emergencies immediately to our gas control center at (877) 375-5002 or call 911.
The following are considered methods that may decrease the likelihood of damage to the pipeline during excavation:
- Hand and soft digging
- Vacuum excavation methods
- Use of pneumatic hand tools
A Cheniere pipeline representative may be required at the job site to monitor activity and help determine an appropriate digging method. Alert Cheniere if work crews will be crossing the right-of-way with motorized equipment or vehicles.
Oil and Gas Wells
Learn about City Ordinance Chapter 35, Oil and Gas Wells.
Home Builder Incentives
The incentive package will be offered to all home builders that commit to building future homes with Natural Gas.
Emergency response officials
Cheniere is fully committed to working with all first responders and emergency response officials along our pipeline to ensure that response to any pipeline emergency is prompt, efficient, effective and safe. Pipeline field technicians can be rapidly mobilized to respond on scene to pipeline emergencies while our Houston technical support staff is always available to provide centralized support. In addition, Cheniere provides emergency response officials information about our emergency response plans and capabilities. To request our emergency response information, please provide your full contact information, including the agency you represent and send an email to Cheniere at PipelineOperations@Cheniere.com.